LOOKING FOR A GREEN JOB?
Service with Green Iowa AmeriCorps is a year like no other.
We hire socially-minded individuals who want to make a difference in the community through residential energy efficiency services, environmental education for all ages, and impactful community outreach efforts.
As a Green Iowa AmeriCorps member, you will:
- make a difference in peoples’ lives every day.
- gain work experience that puts you ahead of your peers in the energy and environmental sector.
- have access to free trainings and valued certifications.
- receive time dedicated to a professional development plan uniquely tailored to allow you to pursue individual trainings for your long term career goals.
- get paid to serve while additionally earning money to put toward student loans or continuing education!
Choose a focus that interests you!
- Energy & Community implements residential energy efficiency services, environmental education and outreach to under-served populations in order to reduce financial burden and energy waste. Download the Energy & Community position description.
- Sustainable Schools helps Iowa school districts increase environmental education, energy efficiency tactics, and project-based learning initiatives. Download the Sustainable Schools position description.
- Land & Water Stewards aims to conserve and restore Iowa’s lost ecosystems and water quality through education and outreach opportunities related to land and water conservation. Download the Land & Water Stewards position description.
Contact GIACrecruitment@gmail.com to learn more.